iCore addresses two key issues in the context of the Internet of Things (IoT):
• How to abstract the technological heterogeneity deriving from the vast amounts of heterogeneous objects, while at the same time enhancing reliability and
• How to consider the views of different users/stakeholders (owners of objects & communication means) for ensuring proper application provision, business integrity and, therefore, maximize exploitation opportunities.
The iCore proposed solution is a cognitive framework comprising three levels of functionality,reusable for various and diverse applications. The levels under consideration are virtual objects(VOs), composite virtual objects (CVOs) and functional blocks for representing the user/stakeholder perspectives.
Alcatel-Lucent, Alcatel-Lucent Bell Labs, Ambient Systems B.V., Atos Origin, Centro Ricerche FIAT (CRF), Centre for Communications Systems Research (CCSR), CREATE-NET, Delft University of Technology, InnoTec21 GmbH, Joint Research Centre (JRC Ispra), Netherlands Organisation for Applied Scientific Research (TNO), SIEMENS Program and System Engineering, Software AG, Telecom Italia Group, Thales Group, University of Piraeus, VTT Technical, Wuxi SensingNet Industrialization Research institute Research Centre of Finland, ZIGPOS
Core Topics of Software AG:
- Utilizing Complex Event Processing (CEP) technology for cognition
- Extending CEP infrastructure to process or support cognitive functions like analyzing, prediction or learning
- Applying CEP and cognitive technology to IoT use cases
Project duration: October 2011 – September 2014