Software AG、'The Digital Enterprise'を発刊 – 22社のデジタル革命による成功事例を紹介（英語）
The Digital Enterprise is a thought provoking book which takes the reader through real life examples of the digital transformation facing every organization today
Darmstadt, Germany, 2/5/2014
Software AG announced the publication of “The Digital Enterprise: The Moves and Motives of the Digital Leaders,” a tour-de-force introduction to CEO Karl-Heinz Streibich's vision of the impact digital transformation is having across all industries, supported by over twenty examples from companies around the globe. All of the case studies from the book demonstrate how yesterday’s IT-driven environment has shifted to a new way of working, living and playing*. The foreword is written by Marc Benioff, chairman and CEO of salesforce.com, and the book is narrated by industry luminary Vinnie Mirchandani.
"Our book is intended to trigger thought and transformation," said Karl-Heinz Streibich. “Digital is a life change event for any company. Digitization is becoming the strategic competitive factor for every industry. The industry examples you will find in the book were my inspiration for starting this project and I hope will be your inspiration in changing your enterprise into a digital enterprise or your Public Institution into a digital Public Institution.”
Everything is Becoming Digital
The book is divided into three parts. In the first, Karl-Heinz Streibich introduces the digital enterprise and the digital society. He highlights the converging technologies such as machine-to-machine (M2M) communication, smart mobile devices, the internet of things and phenomenon of globally connected big data to demonstrate why every business needs to become a digital enterprise in order to differentiate their offering and beat the competition.
The Digital Enterprise Today
Practical examples of the journey to the digital enterprise are detailed in part two. Major corporations from many industries explain how they are using social, mobile, analytical, cloud computing, crowdsourcing, 3D visualization tools and sophisticated digital security technologies to build new business models.
Part three takes as step into the future with a look at how the current landscape will continue to evolve and at the next generation of technology changes, already on the horizon, that could change the world for the better.
“The Digital Enterprise” is available at:
Amazon.com - http://amzn.to/1eLTlxK & Amazon.de - http://amzn.to/LGd76H
All earnings will be donated to the Software AG Foundation in Germany: http://www.software-ag-stiftung.com/en/home.html
More information can also be found at: http://www.softwareag.com/special/digital-enterprise-book/
To join the digital enterprise conversation, go to http://ow.ly/taaKD
*The Digital Enterprise features:
- acatech (German National Academy of Science and Engineering): President Prof. Dr. Henning Kagermann explores the wide range of stakeholders involved in the transformation to a digital enterprise.
- Accenture: Senior Managing Director for Austria, Switzerland and Germany Frank Riemensperger explains why the best businesses must develop a “digital vision”.
- Allianz Group: CIO Dr. Ralf Schneider on balancing the opportunities and risk generated by massive volumes of customer and product data.
- BBVA S.A.: CTO Ramón Laguna on rapidly scaling technology to implement the goal of becoming a Tier-1 global investment bank.
- Coca-Cola Enterprises: CIO Esat Sezer look at how cloud computing will drive the next generation of productivities.
- Daimler AG: CIO Dr. Michael Gorriz and Information technologist Dr. Kai Holzweissig on driving the digital enterprise with linked data.
- Datev eG: CEO Prof. Dieter Kempf examines bringing industrial level IT security to small and medium sized businesses.
- DB Systel GmbH: Chairman of the Board Detlef Exner on how German railways are addressing a new generation of digital customers.
- Deutsche Telekom: CEO of T-Systems and Deutsche Telekom Board Member Reinhard Clemens explains why traditional network providers can – and must – develop mew business models.
- DFKI GmbH (German Research center for Artificial Intelligence): CEO Prof. Dr. Wolfgang Wahlster on how semantic product memories promise to reshape how products are manufactured, shipped, sold, consumed, traced and recycled.
- Echo Entertainment: CTO Rob James details how technology-enables innovation can better address their VIP customers.
- General Electric: Global technology director William Ruh on how 50 billion interconnected machines will drive the Industrial Internet revolution.
- Hubert Burda Media: CEO Dr. Paul-Bernhard Kallen looks at turning a German magazine company into an enterprise for entrepreneurs.
- MAPFRE: CTO José Manuel Inchausti Pérez discusses how satellites have transformed their business and help create more agile services.
- Nissan: CIO Celso Guitoko describes how to design “smarter” products.
- Qualcomm: CIO Norm Fjeldheim speaks of how to provide highly personalized and contextualized customer experiences.
- Siemens AG: Member of the Board Prof. Dr. Siegfried Russwurm on how the fourth industrial revolution will create a paradigm shift in required workforce qualifications.
- Staedel Museum, Frankfurt: Director Max Hollein on how a digital visit to the museum is a sensual experience.
- Standard Chartered PLC: CIO Jan Verplancke details the roll-out of mobile banking across several continents.
- Statoil ASA: Vice President Magne Frantsen on safety through technology in harsh operating environments.
- Technische Universitaet Darmstadt: Chairman, Information Systems faculty Prof. Dr. Peter Buxmann looks at new risk scenarios and enabling new business models.
- TUI InfoTec GmbH: CEO Heinz Kreuzer on using social media, real-time analytics, big data and mobile devices to create a more enjoyable customer experience.
About Software AG
Software AG (Frankfurt TecDAX: SOW) helps organizations achieve their business objectives faster. The company's big data, integration and business process technologies enable customers to drive operational efficiency, modernize their systems and optimize processes for smarter decisions and better service. Building on over 40 years of customer-centric innovation, the company is ranked as a "leader" in fifteen market categories, fueled by core product familiesAdabas and Natural, ARIS, Terracotta, webMethods, Alfabet and Apama. Software AG has more than 5,200 employees in 70 countries and had revenues of €973 million in 2013 (IFRS, unaudited). Learn more at www.softwareag.com
Software AG - Get There Faster
Software AG | Uhlandstraße 12 | 64297 Darmstadt | Germany
Detailed press information about Software AG including a picture and multimedia database are available under: www.softwareag.com/press
Director Media Relations
電話: +49 6151 92-1574
Fax: +49 6151 92-34-1574
Senior Manager, Public Relations
電話: +49 6151 92-1502
Fax: +49 6151 92-1623