FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. What is Software AG’s shareholder structure like?
Software AG has a free float of ~65%. Being not part of the free float, 32% is held by Software AG foundation. For more information on the shareholder structure, please click here.
2. When did Software AG first go public?
Software AG went public on April 26, 1999. The stock’s issuing price was €30 (this equals an issuing price of € 10 after the 1:3 share split in May 2011).
3. Where is Software AG stock traded?
Software AG stock is traded in Germany, on the Prime Standard segment of the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
4. In which indexes is Software AG represented?
Software AG stock is represented in the TecDAX, the CDAX, the HDAX, the Prime All Share index and in the Technology All Share index.
5. Where can I get information about Software AG’s share price development?
On the Stock section of our website, you will find current price information along with the opportunity to download historical prices.
6. How can I acquire Software AG shares?
You can buy Software AG stock from your custodian bank, a broker, or from any institution that offers such brokerage services. All you need is a custody account where the stocks can be registered.
7. How many shares are outstanding?
The current number of outstanding shares can be found here.
8. How high were the previous dividends?
Thus far, the following dividends have been distributed:
|Fiscal year||Dividends per share *|
* 2000 - 2011: adjusted for 3-for-1 stock split (May 2011), rounded
1. When and where will the next Annual Shareholders’ Meeting take place?
Software AG’s next Annual Shareholders’ Meeting will take place on May 17, 2017. For more information on this topic, please click here.
2. Can all shareholders participate in the Annual Shareholders’ Meeting?
According to corporate law, the Annual Shareholders’ Meeting is a joint-share company’s highest institution. All of a company’s shareholders are entitled to participate in the Annual Shareholders’ Meeting, provided that they can prove their ownership of the share by a certain deadline and they register on time.
3. How and where can shareholders register for the Annual Shareholders’ Meeting?
Through their custodian banks, the shareholders receive an invitation to the general meeting, along with the day’s agenda. With an enclosed response sheet, the shareholders can authorize their bank to manage their voting rights, or they can request an admission ticket for themselves or a representative at their custodian bank.
4. What should shareholders do if they register on time for the Annual Shareholders’ Meeting but do not receive an admission ticket?
Shareholders who have registered on time but do not receive their ticket (because it may have gotten lost in the mail, for example) can nevertheless attend the general meeting. All registered shareholders are included in the registration list, which is checked on site at the general meeting. A replacement ticket is then issued, entitling the shareholder to participate in the meeting.
5. Is it permissible to leave the Annual Shareholders’ Meeting for a short time and return later?
In principle, yes. But all shareholders and shareholder representatives are asked not to leave the area where the meeting is being held during voting.
6. Is the venue handicapped-accessible?
The conference center in Darmstadt is well equipped to serve individuals with handicaps.
7. Can shareholders also transfer their voting rights during the Annual Shareholders’ Meeting?
The right to vote can be exercised by an agent, for example a credit institution or an association of shareholders. In addition we offer to our shareholders the option of being represented during voting by voting rights representatives appointed by the company. In this case the following applies: The voting rights representatives are obligated to exercise the right to vote only in accordance with expressly given instructions. Shareholders who want to grant a proxy to the voting rights representatives appointed by the company can request from their custodian bank an admission ticket which includes the documents for granting the proxy and issuing instructions. The shareholder must grant the proxy in writing by submitting the filled-out authorization form and providing blanket instructions or instructions on the individual items on the agenda.
8. Will the Annual Shareholders’ Meeting be broadcast on the Internet?
Our articles of association allow this to be done for the entire meeting. So far, only the speeches of the CEO, the Chairman of the Supervisory Board, and the CFO have been broadcast live on the Internet.
9. How do you file a counter motion?
According to §126 "AktG" (Germany’s Joint Stock Corporation Act), Shareholders can file a counter motion against a proposal of the board or the supervisory board for a certain item on the agenda. Such a counter motion must be sent to a company address that is provided with the invitation to the general meeting at the latest two weeks before the day of the Annual Shareholders’ Meeting.
10. Is there a complete set of minutes or a video or audio recording of the Annual Shareholders’ Meeting for shareholders?
There is no complete set of minutes or video or audio recording of the Annual Shareholders’ Meeting's proceedings available.
11. Where can I find further information on the results of the voting at past Annual Shareholders’ Meetings?
You can find further information here.
1. When was Software AG founded?
Software AG was founded in Darmstadt, Germany, in 1969 by six young employees of consulting firm AIV (Institute of Applied Information Processing). One of the founders was Peter Schnell, who was later the longtime CEO and founder of Software AG foundation.
2. In what areas is Software AG active?
Software AG helps organizations achieve their business objectives faster. The company's big data, integration and business process technologies enable customers to drive operational efficiency, modernize their systems and optimize processes for smarter decisions and better service. Building on over 40 years of customer-centric innovation, the company is ranked as a leader in 12 market categories, fueled by core product families Adabas and Natural, Alfabet, Apama, ARIS, Terracotta and webMethods.
3. What does "AG" in Software AG stand for?
"AG" stands for "Aktiengesellschaft" which means public limited company (plc.) and means that we are listed at the stock exchange.
4. Where can I find more information about Software AG’s board?
You can find more information about the board here.
5. How many employees does Software AG have?
As of December 31, 2014, Software AG employs 4,421 staff around the world.
6. Where can I find the key figures of Software AG Group?
The main key figures of the balance sheet, profit and loss statement, cash flow statement and key figures regarding the segment can be taken from our financial data analysis center.
7. Where is Software AG headquartered?
Software AG’s company headquarters are located in Darmstadt, Germany.
8. Who are Software AG’s biggest competitors?
Software AG’s biggest competitors include IBM, Oracle and Tibco.
9. Does Software AG’s fiscal year correspond to the calendar year?
Yes, Software AG’s fiscal year corresponds to the calendar year.
10. Which accounting regulations does Software AG use to prepare its balance sheets?
Software AG uses the International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
11. When will Software AG publish the next quarterly numbers?
More information on upcoming events can be taken from our financial calendar.
12. Where can I find the latest financial news from Software AG?
You can find the latest financial news from Software AG here.
13. Where can I find financial statements and presentations from Software AG?
You can find Software AG’s financial statements and presentations here.
1. What does the Corporate Governance Code include?
The government commission assembled by the Federal Minister of Justice in September 2001 adopted the German Corporate Governance Code on February 26, 2002. This code is intended to make Germany’s corporate management and governance rules transparent for both domestic and international investors, thus strengthening trust in the management of German companies.
2. How is the subject of corporate governance being handled at Software AG?
Software AG places great value on good and responsible corporate management and, accordingly, it supports the German Corporate Governance Code. You can read the latest joint compliance statement from the board and the supervisory board here.
3. How is Software AG’s board remunerated?
Total remuneration for individual board members consists in a range of components (fixed sums, bonuses, long-term and other remuneration components). Approximately 2/3 of the remuneration is a performance-based variable that is primarily linked to the achievement of Software AG's revenue and profit objectives. You will find more information on board remuneration here.
4. How is Software AG’s advisory board remunerated?
The supervisory board's remuneration is set in the Annual Shareholders' Meeting, and is based on the duties and responsibilities of the individual members of the supervisory board as well as on the company's financial success. You will find more information on supervisory board remuneration here.