Date: Tuesday, July 1, 2014
Time: 11 a.m. EST / 5 p.m. CET (check local time)
What You Will Learn
With digital disruption caused by mobile, cloud, social and big data, digitizing the enterprise has become more relevant than ever. Many organizations today are looking for ways to build smarter processes that deliver better business results and significantly increase the quality of engagement with their customers, partners and their own workforce. Hear from Clay Richardson, Principal Analyst at Forrester Research Inc., the drivers, strategies and best practices for designing and delivering smarter processes across your organization. See how Software AG can help you put Clay’s advice into action.
- The impact of mobile, cloud, social and big data on business processes
- Emerging best practices for delivering smarter processes
- Strategies for designing process apps that leverage process intelligence and analytics
- How to provide composable process APIs easily consumed across devices and channels
- How to define the right smart-process architecture to connect systems of record with front-end systems of engagement
Forrester Research Inc.
Clay is a leading expert on BPM software, services and methodologies and delivers strategic guidance to professionals seeking to improve collaborative and operational business processes. Clay specifically helps enterprises establish BPM strategies, governance standards and BPM centers of excellence; identify Agile and Lean methodologies best suited for BPM projects; and establish vendors and technologies that help automate and optimize mission-critical business processes. Clay comes to Forrester with years of experience in business process improvement projects, BPM platforms and solutions selection, systems analysis and design, and project management for enterprise software implementations. He’s led projects to successfully deploy BPM solutions for government and commercial organizations worldwide.
Who Should Attend?
- IT professionals with a focus on business process automation
- Business professionals with a focus on business process management
- webMethods BPMS customers