Global Press Releases
Software AG’s Digital Business Platform Ranked a Leader in Digital Process Automation Software Report
- Software AG’s Dynamic Apps improves customer experience, increases operational efficiency, amplifies customer engagement across channels
- Enables IT and business to create applications using traditional BPM and low-code in line with digital transformation goals
- Delivers dynamic case management, process modeling and customer journey mapping, mobile, AI and IoT
- Translates business insights and real-time, predictive analytics into continuous optimization
Darmstadt, Germany, Monday, July 10, 2017
Software AG (Frankfurt TecDAX: SOW) today announced that it was named a leader by Forrester Research, Inc., a leading independent research firm, in its report, “The Forrester Wave™: Digital Process Automation, Q3 2017”. According to the report, Digital Process Automation (DPA) represents a big expansion of BPM ”set apart by an emphasis on low-code development, consumer-grade user experiences, and AI-based innovation”.
Rob Koplowitz, Forrester analyst and author of the Forrester report, wrote the following about Software AG for this report: “A longtime player in the traditional BPM [Business Process Management] space, with its webMethods BPMS, Software AG offers strong support for dynamic case management, integrated RPA [Robotic Process Automation], extensive document support, and process modeling. With the addition and integration of webMethods AgileApps for low code, rapid development, Software AG now has a portfolio that can help an organization go wide in DPA deployments.”
Software AG Chief Technology Officer, Dr. Wolfram Jost, said: “In its pursuit of digital transformation, a critical differentiator for any company is its ability to quickly build customer and employee facing applications that are engaging, scale for any scenario, and can be used on any device – all while avoiding unforeseen IT requirements that can add cost, time and complexity. Dynamic Apps can help organizations simplify and speed up customer onboarding, improve customer service and increase the productivity of the workforce.”
Most notably, developers can use Dynamic Apps to create simple apps quickly and easily. However, as a developer’s needs grow and possibly become more complex, they can continue to use the same platform—Software AG’s Dynamic Apps—to scale and build more complex apps seamlessly as part of their company’s broad digital transformation.
Software AG`s Dynamic Apps is a key building block of the Digital Business Platform and enables enterprises to develop next generation digital apps that can improve customer experience, increase operational efficiency, and amplifies customer engagement across channels.
Software AG’s Digital Business Platform comprises extensive Digital Process Automation capabilities including:
- The creation of applications by IT and business developers using traditional BPM (Business Process Management) and low-code in line with digital transformation goals;
- Access to powerful dynamic case management, RPA (Robotic Process Automation), process modeling and customer journey mapping;
- Innovative artificial intelligence powered predictive rules and analytics comprising alerts and actions based on predefined thresholds;
- Support of IoT-driven processes and the ability to build native mobile apps;
- Full-featured reporting and analytics, including predefined reporting, KPIs, dashboards and visualizations;
- Full integration of Dynamic Apps built apps with portfolio of IT apps, on-premise and in the cloud.
Rob Koplowitz noted in the Forrester report: “With last year’s acquisition of Zementis, Software AG can now extend its already significant analytics capabilities with a true AI [artificial intelligence] framework. It has also invested heavily and found market traction with their support for IoT-driven processes.” And also added that “Customers have expressed a great deal of interest in the latest [Dynamic Apps] release.”
Wolfram Jost added: “The webMethods Dynamic Apps Platform will speed up and simplify collaboration between business and IT departments, enabling subject matter experts to easily create productivity apps and cooperate with IT developers in order to introduce enterprise-grade applications faster.”
The webMethods Dynamic Apps is a core module of Software AG’s Digital Business Platform, an integrated set of powerful technologies, capabilities and methodologies for managing a digital transformation and for reshaping business designs that enable an enterprise to be more data-driven, customer-obsessed, hyper-connected and super-agile. The Digital Business Platform is offered in the cloud, as a service, on premise, or in a hybrid configuration.
The report can be accessed here.
About Software AG
The digital transformation is changing enterprise IT landscapes from inflexible application silos to modern software platform-driven IT architectures which deliver the openness, speed and agility needed to enable the digital real-time enterprise.
Software AG offers the first end-to-end Digital Business Platform, based on open standards, with integration, process management, in-memory data, adaptive application development, real-time analytics and enterprise architecture management as core building blocks. The modular platform allows users to develop the next generation of application systems to build their digital future, today.
With over 45 years of customer-centric innovation, Software AG is ranked as a leader in many innovative and digital technology categories. Software AG has more than 4,500 employees, is active in 70 countries and had revenues of €872 million in 2016.
Learn more at www.softwareag.com.