Global Press Releases
Software AG Unveils New Enterprise Digital Twin Framework
Darmstadt, Germany, Tuesday, July 10, 2018
Software AG (Frankfurt TecDAX: SOW) today announced the availability of a new Enterprise Digital Twin framework, which is built on the company’s ARIS platform and enables enterprises to create a digital model that mirrors the characteristics, interdependencies and interrelationships of their processes, systems and assets.
Gartner Research Director, Marc Kerremans, recently wrote about 12 use-cases for creating a Digital Twin (find a complimentary copy of the use cases here). According to the Gartner report, “Program and Portfolio management leaders struggle to represent, prioritize, guide and monitor underlying operational scenarios, and struggle to adapt their program and project plans to moving strategic and operational targets.”*
By using Software AG’s ARIS Process Transformation and Management platform as the foundation for an Enterprise Digital Twin Framework, enterprises can gain significant end-to-end visibility and visualization of their operations. Additionally, these enterprises gain the transparency required across their operations to make better decisions that will result in improved business outcomes and initiatives.
The ARIS-based Enterprise Digital Twin Framework ensures that processes are tightly linked and connected across the enterprise with real-life data. ARIS is an integral part of the Digital Business Platform and has gained substantial customer adoption with its broad portfolio and its most recent product developments that support enterprises at every stage in their digital transformation.
Dr. Wolfram Jost, Chief Technology Officer, Software AG, said: “This combination of virtual and physical worlds enables enterprises to more efficiently manage the critical interdependencies and interrelationships between people, processes and systems, which is fundamental to coping with the complex challenges associated with digital transformation. Software AG’s Enterprise Digital Twin Framework can create a virtual copy of all aspects of an enterprise, which gets richer with every operation and leads to continuous business improvements. This leads to better handling of threats before they negatively impact the business as well as the prevention of possible downtime, the creation of new opportunities, the provision of important insights on system performance, and the simulation of future possibilities.“
Top six examples of an Enterprise Digital Twin Framework enabled by the ARIS platform include:
- Business Strategy and Planning: A systematic approach for defining, documenting, analyzing, and implementing your business strategies coupled with clear benchmarking and monitoring.
- Transformation Empowerment: A structured means for process documentation and design enhancing team collaboration and training, as well as process launch, ongoing governance and continuous process improvement.
- IT and IoT Alignment: Provides the basis for executing processes across IT, IoT and SAP systems and making an Enterprise Digital Twin Framework a reality
- Process Mining and Intelligence: Delivers a 360-degree view of an enterprise’s processes coupled with dependencies for pattern, anomaly and opportunity discovery and intelligent insights for continuous process improvement. Enables theoretical process simulation comparisons against real world possibilities
- Customer Journey Management: Minimizes the customer effort across all channels and touch-points, ensuring a seamless experience every time a customer interacts with an enterprise. Provides a completely integrated system that creates personal experiences across all channels, including customer touch-points and gap analysis
- Risk and Compliance Management: The automation of governance, risk and compliance (GRC) through simple risk identification, documentation and assessment ensuring tight regulatory compliance and fast adaptation to new regulations. Includes a “single point of truth” for all compliance activities and a single dashboard for monitoring all compliance processes
A Gartner report further noted: “Any digital business initiative, whether transformational or a smaller change, requires the translation of desired business outcomes and customer experience measurements into operational indicators that can be used to monitor progress toward goals, even after program or project completion.”**
Software AG’s Enterprise Digital Twin Framework can be used in several use-cases, for example:
- Supply Chain Management: Providing process chain visibility that enables end-to-end process excellence potentially achieving significant cost-savings
- Quality Management: Allowing enterprises to establish global, enterprise-wide standards for Quality Management Systems (QMS) and ensure that everyone is working from the same source of information
- Risk and Compliance: Delivering full control of overall processes, compliance and risks
The Digital Business Platform is an adaptable technology layer that fits into, but does not replace, an organization’s existing IT landscape. It enables a readiness that allows for the rapid adoption of current and future technologies and market disruptions with a platform for the ever-evolving digital world. Based on a single architecture and release cycle, the Software AG solution is an integrated platform enabling multiple digital use cases.
*Gartner, 12 Powerful Use Cases for Creating a Digital Twin of Your Organization, Marc Kerremans, 25 October 2017.
**Gartner, Create a Digital Twin of Your Organization to Optimize Your Digital Business Transformation Program, Marc Kerremans, Joanne Kopcho, 14 July 2017.
About Software AG
Software AG (Frankfurt TecDAX: SOW) helps companies with their digital transformation. With Software AG’s Digital Business Platform, companies can better interact with their customers and bring them on new ‘digital’ journeys, promote unique value propositions, and create new business opportunities. In the Internet of Things (IoT) market, Software AG enables enterprises to integrate, connect and manage IoT components as well as analyze data and predict future events based on Artificial Intelligence (AI). The Digital Business Platform is built on decades of uncompromising software development, IT experience and technological leadership. Software AG has more than 4,500 employees, is active in 70 countries and had revenues of €879 million in 2017.
Software AG | Uhlandstraße 12 | 64297 Darmstadt | Germany
Follow us on Twitter: Software AG Global
Senior Manager, Corporate Communications, Technical PR Global & DACH