Software AG: 12th Consecutive Year Named A Leader in Gartner Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Architecture Tools
Gartner, Inc., a leading industry analyst firm, named Software AG a Leader in its 2019 “Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Architecture Tools,” published on October 22, 2019*. This is the twelfth consecutive year that Gartner named Software AG a Leader after assessing the company’s Alfabet Enterprise Architecture Management (EAM) product.
Stefan Sigg, chief technology officer and member of the Board, Software AG, noted: “We are pleased with Gartner’s consistent recognition of Software AG as a Leader in the EAM market - twelve years strong now. We believe Software AG’s continued leadership in the Gartner Magic Quadrant demonstrates our ability to meet the varied and unique needs of the world’s largest organizations.The typical complexity of transformation on a global scale found in these organizations requires a product with comprehensive and versatile capabilities. It is a must-have for every CIO. We are excited to be able to extend this advantage to mid-size companies with our new Alfabet FastLane offering.”
There are five major elements in the latest release of Software AG’s Alfabet enterprise architecture management software (R10.5):
1. AI-enabled Portfolio Diagnostics: Software AG’s patent-pending augmented AI technology provides users – especially those without prior knowledge of the details of the IT landscape - with an entry point to explore and understand which aspects of the IT architecture may require change.
2. Voice-enabled Conversational UI: “AlfaBot” provides intelligent assistance for creating, editing and finding objects as well as spotting the right reports and diagrams.
3. Feedback Bot: This new feature amplifies the users’ voice in transformation initiatives by enabling feedback to the context of the current view, be it a suggestion, comment or rating. It can even trigger events to, e.g., create issues in 3rd-party issue and change management systems such as Jira or ServiceNow.
4. Demand-to-Investment Kanban Board: This Kanban board-style view helps understand the linkage between demand and investments by allowing a user to follow a demand from its inception to its realization on a single page.
5. Azure Cloud Мigration Аssessment with Alfabet FastLane: This new feature in Software AG’s newest product for jumpstarting an EA practice helps you to identify cloud candidates and decide on your migration strategy.
Sigg continued: “We believe that Software AG has been a Leader in the market for the past twelve years through our continuous delivery of new, ground-breaking features with every release and our ability to satisfy the discerning demands of our clients with industry-leading enterprise transformation programs.”
With Alfabet (release 10.5), we think Software AG continues to validate its market leadership with new leading edge features that speak to market imperatives.
The Gartner report notes: “The Leaders in our 2019 Magic Quadrant demonstrate clear support for delivering businessoutcome-driven EA (see Note 3), modeling and analysis. They also demonstrate a clear vision of the direction and maturation of the EA discipline, as well as its relevance for digital business today and in the future. Leaders are responding to the needs of leading EA practitioners that Gartner highlights in its research. Leaders provide mature offerings that meet market demand, and they demonstrate the vision necessary to sustain their market positions as requirements evolve. Leaders focus on and invest in their offerings to such a degree that they lead the market and can affect their overall direction as their offerings evolve. They typically possess a large (relative to the size of the market), satisfied customer base, and are well known in the market. Their size and financial strength enable them to remain viable in a challenging economy. Leaders typically respond to a wide market audience by supporting broad market requirements. However, they may fail to meet the specific needs of vertical markets or other more specialized segments.”
A complimentary copy of the report is available at http://bit.ly/2WsSikZ.
*Gartner, ”Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Architecture Tools”, by Marty Resnick and James McGovern, 22 October 2019. Prior to 2012, Software AG was listed as Alfabet because Software AG acquired Alfabet in June 2013.
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
About Software AG
Software AG offers Freedom as a Service. We reimagine integration, spark business transformation and enable fast innovation on the Internet of Things so you can pioneer differentiating business models. We give you the freedom to connect and integrate any technology—from app to edge. We help you free data from silos so it’s shareable, usable and powerful—enabling you to make the best decisions and unlock entirely new possibilities for growth.
Learn more about Software AG and Freedom as a Service at www.softwareag.com.
Software AG | Uhlandstraße 12 | 64297 Darmstadt | Germany
Detailed press information about Software AG including a picture and multimedia database are available under: www.softwareag.com/press
Follow us on Twitter: Software AG Global