IoT Microservice Development — Get Started
Get on the fast track to success building Cumulocity IoT microservices through collaborative, hands-on development and expert guidance.
What do I get?
- Learn best practices for developing IoT-based microservices
- Set up a development environment
- Identify a first, simple IoT use case which can be handled by a microservice
- Create an IoT microservice for the identified use case
- Integrate the developed microservice into your CI/CD pipeline
What can I expect?
With this offer, you will leverage best practices to:
- Efficiently identify potential use cases
- Gain the expertise needed to create innovative IoT solutions
- Experience custom microservice development using Cumulocity IoT
This is a time-boxed activity intended for three to five developers, with two weeks of enablement and collaborative execution.
Who benefits from IoT Microservice Development — Get Started?
- Development Leaders gain confidence in your team’s ability to develop Cumulocity IoT microservices.
- Developers and architects get a guided introduction to Cumulocity in the form of quick demos, trainings, mentoring and collaborative development.
How it works
- A Software AG Consultant facilitates a kick-off meeting to set expectations, defines success criteria and agrees on a structure for the engagement.
- As part of the kick-off, the Software AG Consultant conducts a walk-through of Cumulocity IoT capabilities.
- The Software AG Consultant then leads key stakeholders through a series of activities:
- Setting up a development environment
- Identifying a first, simple use case which can be handled by a microservice
- Creating a microservice for the identified use case
- Integrating the developed microservice in the customer’s CI/CD pipeline
- Setting up a first Java microservice using microservice templates
When completed, you will have received support for achieving the following milestones:
- Define a microservice use case
- Install development environment
- Create a microservice
- Install the microservice in the CI/CD pipeline
An end of engagement report that summarizes the achievements of the engagement and provides recommendations to improve effectiveness of microservice deployments.
Additional Fast Track Service information
Software AG’s Sales and Customer Success team members can provide pricing details upon request. All business will be conducted in English unless otherwise agreed to by Software AG Consultant and customer. Delivery will occur within the customer’s standard business days and standard business hours.