webMethods API Cloud
Joining the API economy has never been easier
webMethods API Cloud Service Description
1.0 Service Specification
|General Information||webMethods API Cloud is an API developer portal for publishing, promoting and monitoring APIs, as well as an API gateway for securing APIs from unauthorized access and malicious attacks, delivered in a Software-as-a-Service model.
The underlying infrastructure is hosted in Amazon Web Service (AWS). Customers have the option to select the region in which their tenant will be stored.
Supplier maintains, monitors and secures the shared architecture.
|Infrastructure Services||Cloud Service is hosted on Amazon Web Services (AWS) infrastructure in the selected data storage location below.
Base Operating Model: Linux Operating System Base Amazon Web Services Components: EC2, RDS, S3 (for more details on the definition of these services, visit https://aws.amazon.com/)
|Service Availability||99.5% measured over 5- minute intervals per calendar month; excluding standard scheduled maintenance|
|Data Storage Location||Amazon Web Services Region:
|Support||Included for licensed customers - see details in Section 5.0 below. Support for free trial users is available in the Software AG TECHcommunity.|
|Standard Maintenance Window||Wednesday 02:00 - 05:00 UTC|
|Data Backup||Frequency: Daily, 30 days retention.
Data Backup Location: Same AWS region as the Data Storage Location referred to above but different AWS availability zone.
|Emergency||Recovery Point Objective 24h based on daily backups.
Recovery Time Objective: 12h.
|Retention of Data||Inclusive (30 days post subscription expiration)|
2.0 Introduction to webMethods API Cloud
webMethods API Cloud is a cloud-native Software AG hosted and operated application that allows customers to expose API documentation to external developers and business partners, and provides self-service capabilities for user onboarding and management.
Common Application Uses
webMethods API Cloud allows customers to create an external-facing API portal to expose descriptions of APIs to third-party developers and partners. Besides hosting the API documentation, the API cloud also features developer onboarding, API testing and collaboration functionalities, and usage reporting. Additionally, API Cloud provides an API gateway for securing APIs from unauthorized access and malicious attacks, as well as other policies for ensuring quality of service and meeting service level agreements.
3.0 Service Description
License Metric: Tenant The licensing metric for API Cloud is tenant-based. Customers can license multiple tenants. Tenants are entirely separated from other tenants. Each tenant allows for dedicated user management, customizations, data and other operational aspects.
4.0 Third-Party Infrastructure, Software & Components
The Software AG Cloud Services provided hereunder may utilize software code owned or provided by third-party licensors as set forth for each then-current version under: http://documentation.softwareag.com/legal/thirdparty_liveservices.htm. The respective Third-Party Code may be subject to a separate Third-Party License as set forth in the then-current version of the above document. The underlying third-party code terms & conditions require usage of the software in strict accordance with the Agreement and such license. Furthermore, the named Third-Party Code is protected by copyright law and international treaties.
5.0 Software AG's Standard Support Services
Support for free trial users is available in the Software AG TECHcommunity
For licensed users, Software AG webMethods API Cloud standard support services consist of:
- Phone/web support during regular business hours for your company's support hub
- Product/service updates
- Access to Empower (https://empower.softwareag.com). Empower is designed to help you quickly resolve problems or questions, and features these areas:
- Knowledge Center: Search for knowledge base articles, early warnings, and fixes, technical papers, and your company's support incidents.
- Products & Documentation: Contains product documentation, the Software Download Center (which enables customers to download Software AG products), product version availability information, early product announcements, and product upgrades.
- Contact Support: Includes eService, which offers the ability to submit new support incidents online, attach diagnostic information, and check the status of existing requests.
- Seven (7) authorized technical contacts
The following support severities are used for classifying issues. These classifications ensure consistent treatment of issues handled by Software AG Global Support Services. Software AG Global Support Services will determine the appropriate severity level and action timelines according to the following table, and customer-specific contract provisions.
|Definition||Customer's problem has a severe business impact, e.g. production down. Customer is unable to use the Services, resulting in a major impact on customer's operations. Work cannot reasonably continue.||Customer's problem has a significant business impact; however, operations can continue in a restricted fashion. The Services are usable but severely limited. There is no acceptable workaround available. Customer is experiencing a significant loss of service.||Customer's problem has some business impact. The Services are usable and causes only minor inconvenience. It may be a minor Error, documentation Error, or incorrect operation of the application, which does not significantly impede the operation of a system.|
|Reaction time||1 Hour: call-back or electronic reply||4 Business Hours: call-back or electronic reply||1 Business Day: call-back or electronic reply|
|Reporting(timeframe)||Daily reporting (unless otherwise agreed with Software AG Global Support on a case-by-case basis)||As agreed with Software AG Global Support Services on a case-by-case basis||As agreed with Software AG Global Support Services on a case-by-case basis|
|Reaction measure||Customer is provided with a timeline for Error Correction||Customer is provided with a timeline for Error Correction||Information about publication date of the Services release that will solve the issue
Indication that changes/ enhancements are being handled in accordance with Software AG's strategy
It is recommended that crisis requests be reported by phone to obtain best possible service in crisis situations.
Subject to standard availability of the infrastructure provider, the infrastructure servers will run 24/7 production operation except for standard maintenance windows set forth in the Service Specification above and mutually planned maintenance windows for cause ("Infrastructure Availability Hours").
Based on the average availability of the infrastructure provider, webMethods API Cloud is expected to be available for remote access 99.5% of the Infrastructure Availability Hours in accordance with the infrastructure provider's standards measured in 5-minute intervals, as defined below, each calendar month, excluding Excused Outages as defined below ("Service Availability"). Downtime as a result of any causes beyond the control of Software AG or that are not reasonably foreseeable by Software AG, including, without limitation by any of the events noted below are excluded from the Service Availability calculations (collectively, "Excused Outages"):
- Customer environment issues affecting connectivity or interfering with the Software AG Cloud Services including without limitation, Customer's telecommunications connection or any other Customer software or equipment, Customer's firewall software, hardware or security settings, Customer's configuration of anti-virus software or anti-spyware or malware software, or operator error of Customer;
- Any third party software, hardware, or telecommunication failures, including Internet slow-downs or failures;
- Force majeure events, including, without limitation fire, flood, earthquake, elements of nature or acts of God; third party labor disruptions, acts of war, terrorism, riots, civil disorders, rebellions or revolutions; quarantines, embargoes and other similar governmental action; or any other similar cause beyond the reasonable control of Software AG;
- Issues related to third party Domain Name System (DNS) errors or failures;
- Scheduled maintenance of the respective Software AG Cloud Service, conducted on a regular basis as set forth in the Service Description; and
- Emergency maintenance of the respective Software AG Cloud Service, not to exceed four (4) hours in any month. In the event Software AG fails to achieve the average Service Availability, Software AG will use commercially reasonable efforts to correct the interruption as promptly as practicable. In the event of continuous outages in excess of 2 business days and not caused by Excused Outages (the "Excess Outage Period"), Software AG agrees, upon Customers written request received during the Excess Outage Period or no later than 5 business days thereafter, to extend the service term by the total number of Excess Outage Period days that have occurred during the original term or any renewal term. The foregoing is Customer's sole and exclusive remedy and states Software AG's entire liability arising out of any Excess Outage Period. In the event an Excess Outage Period occurs in two consecutive months during the term of Customer's order, Customer may – instead of prolongation of the term by such Excess Outage Periods – terminate its order within thirty (30) days of the end of the second consecutive month, without further obligation and receive a prorated refund of any pre-paid, unused fees. The refund will constitute Customer's sole and exclusive remedy and Software AG's sole and exclusive liability for Excess Outage Periods.
6.0 Tenant Backup and Snapshot
The customer environment (also referred to as Tenant) will be backed up daily (each back up will be stored for 7 days), weekly (each back up will be stored for 4 weeks) and monthly (each back up will be stored for 1 month). The Tenant snapshots shall provide the customer the ability to "revert" to stored snapshots with respect to functionality, data and state of the Tenant when the snapshot was created.