Last Updated: June 5, 2023
Software AG has adopted this Privacy Notice for California Consumers (“CCPA Notice”) in order to comply with the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 ("CCPA"). This CCPA Notice supplements the information contained in Software AG’s Privacy Statement.
1. Categories of Personal Information
We collected the following categories of personal information during the past 12 months:
- Identifiers, such as name, address, username, account name, IP address, or email address;
- Commercial information, such as information regarding your interaction with our products or services;
- Internet or Other Electronic Network Activity, such as browsing history, search history, and information regarding your interactions with our website, products, or services;
- Geolocation information, such as the location of your device or computer;
- Inference data, such as information about your preferences;
- Personal information described in the California Customer Records Statute (Cal. Civ. Code §1798.80(e)), such as name, address, telephone number, employment, or financial information.
- Examples include browsing history, search history, information on a consumer's interaction with a website, application, or advertisement
2. Sources of Personal Information
We obtain the categories of personal information listed above from the following sources:
- Directly from our affiliates, customers, or partners, such as from data that our customers provide to us related to the products or services that we provide;
- Indirectly from affiliates, customers, or partners, such as from data that we collect from our customers in the course of providing our products or services;
- Directly and indirectly from your interaction with our website or services, such as from information regarding your interaction with our services that is collected automatically.
3. Uses of Personal Information
We use personal information for the purposes set out in Section 3 of Software AG’s Privacy Statement.
4. Sharing Personal Information for a Business Purpose
We may share personal information to support our operational purposes, termed “business purposes” under the CCPA, with our affiliates, partners, service providers, and other authorized third parties. During the past 12 months, we disclosed the following categories of personal information for a business purpose:
- Identifiers, such as to ensure the security and integrity of our website, products, or services;
- Commercial information, such as to communicate with you regarding our products or services;
- Personal information described in the California Customer Records Statute, such as financial information, for payment purposes;
- Internet or other electronic network activity, such as to improve our website, products, or services.
5. We Do Not Sell Personal Information
We have not sold personal information during the past 12 months.
6. CCPA Rights
California consumers have the following rights under the CCPA:
- Access: Under the CCPA, you have the right to access or request a copy of personal information that we have collected about you during the past 12 months. You have the right to request that we disclose to you the personal information that we collect, the sources of such personal information, and the purposes, uses, and disclosures of your personal information.
- Deletion: Under the CCPA, you have the right to request that we delete your personal information. Once we confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies, such as if the personal information is necessary to complete the transaction or contract for which it was collected, if it is being used to detect, prevent, or investigate security incidents, comply with a legal obligation, identify and repair errors that impair the functionality of our products or services, or ensure another consumer’s ability to exercise their free speech rights or other rights provided by law.
- Please note that before responding to a request to exercise the right to access or deletion, we must verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm that the personal information relates to you. We may need to request additional information in order to verify that you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative.
- To exercise your rights under the CCPA, please contact us at dataprotection (at) softwareag.com.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising your rights under the CCPA. Such discrimination may include denying goods or services, charging different prices or rates for services, providing a different level or quality of services, or suggesting that you will receive a different level or quality of goods or services as a result of exercising your rights under the CCPA. 8. Software AG Contact Information For any questions, concerns, or to exercise the rights described in Section 6 of this CCPA Notice, please contact us at email@example.com
8. Software AG Contact Information
For any questions, concerns, or to exercise the rights described in Section 6 of this CCPA Notice, please contact us at dataprotection (at) softwareag.com.