API Management QuickStart
Easily unlock the value of API Management with a guided tour through your first API management project. From concept through design to implementation, you will build a minimal viable product (MVP) that demonstrates an end-to-end API implementation.
What do I get?
With this offer, you will:
- Understand how to install and configure components of API Management
- Learn API Management capabilities and when to use them through demonstration
- Understand how to achieve API Management operational readiness for business API deployments
Afterward, you will have the knowledge you need to evangelize the benefits of APIs in your business solutions. You will be better equipped to deliver customer-centric experiences that support business objectives.
Who benefits from API Management Quickstart?
- IT directors get the full value of API Management implementations within their organization by ensuring adoption of best practices in approaches for exposing functionality in existing applications.
- Architects deliver on customer-centric experiences that provide visibility into critical business information while learning best practices from Software AG experts and reducing time to market.
How it works
- A Software AG Consultant facilitates a kick-off meeting to set expectations, define success criteria, and develop a structure for the engagement.
- During this kick-off meeting, the consultant will:
a. Provide an overview of API Management capabilities, and
b. Develop an understanding of the current deployment landscape.
- Next, the consultant will support you through the steps of defining a solution architecture based upon use case scenarios for three (3) API candidate services. During this effort, the consultant addresses many aspects of API design including roles, user management, approval workflows, monitoring and monetization.
- The consultant supports you in installing and configuring the product based upon this solution architecture.
- Then the consultant will step you through the API configuration, publishing and testing processes followed by a demonstration of the API services.
- During the demonstration, the consultant will highlight basic product configuration including:
a. Promotion management
b. Threat protection
c. Reverse invocation (if needed)
d. Leveraging APIs in an existing CentraSite installation
e. Publishing to an existing API Portal
f. End-to-end monitoring and API Analytics.
- At the conclusion of the engagement, a review is conducted and any further findings and/or recommendations are delivered.
By the end of the engagement, you will have received support to:
- Define an approach for API monetization, authentication, and authorization
- Define API Gateway naming conventions and operations concepts
- Install API Gateway products
- Configure, promote and publish the defined APIs
- Test APIs for protection, fault behavior, API Gateway events, access privileges team support and approvals.
- Review any further findings and/or recommendations
Additional Fast Track Service information
Software AG’s Sales and Customer Success team members can provide pricing details upon request. All business will be conducted in English unless otherwise agreed to by Software AG Consultant and customer. Delivery will occur within the customer’s standard business days and standard business hours.