IoT Overall Equipment Efficiency (OEE) QuickStart
Define and implement a single view of your production platform effectiveness. The Cumulocity IoT OEE application lets you manage your production processes with precise calculations. With this QuickStart, our consultant works alongside your team to quickly implement the OEE solution.
What do I get?
With this offer, you will use your hosted instance of Cumulocity IoT and configure:
- Up to three machines of two different types in the OEE application
- One production line containing defined machines with areas and sites defined as appropriate
- One Apama EPL rule/Analytics Builder model to show preprocessing of inputs and one Apama rule/Analytics Builder model to show postprocessing of OEE results
- One smart rule to react to OEE calculations
What can I expect?
At the end of this engagement, you will be able to use the Cumulocity IoT OEE Application to make timely adjustments so you can measure, monitor and act on the availability, performance and quality of your production/manufacturing processes.
This is a time-boxed activity lasting up to four days.
Who benefits from the IoT OEE QuickStart Fast Track Service?
- Plant and line managers will be able to use these metrics to increase performance and improve control over their production process with a faster and smarter adoption of OEE.
How it works
- Working with you, the consultant will sketch the rules to calculate availability, performance and quality.
- These rules are then translated into OEE calculation profiles.
- Where necessary, preprocessing using EPL Apps / Analytics Builder is performed. If this is not required for any machine, an artificial example is created to showcase the integration between the Cumulocity IoT OEE Application and Streaming Analytics.
- Machines with OEE calculation profiles are arranged into production lines and added to a site and/or area to make them visible in the OEE Application.
- The consultant will provide an example on how to perform postprocessing of the OEE calculation. The result is identified and implemented using Streaming Analytics (examples: calculate OEE variant with fixed quality / availability, use machine availability information to create alarm, aggregation of OEE).
- Create smart rules that raise an alarm if the OEE is below a critical threshold by sending an e-mail or SMS.
- The consultant will show the customer how to use OEE calculation results outside of the Cumulocity IoT OEE Application inside the Cockpit. From this, they will create a dashboard for a calculation profile using standard widgets and the open source OEE widget from Github.
- Finally, the consultant will explain advanced features and next steps.
By the end of this engagement, you will have received support to:
- Confirm that the Cumulocity IoT OEE Application is available on the tenant
- Confirm that machines are connected to the Cumulocity IoT tenant and provide the necessary data
- Document planned OEE calculation rules
- Define OEE calculation profiles for up to three machines
- Establish preprocessing rules in Streaming Analytics
- Confirm that machines and production lines with their OEE are available in the Cumulocity IoT OEE Application
- Implement postprocessing or smart rules
- Create a dashboard for a calculation profile using standard widgets.
Additional Fast Track Service information
Software AG’s Sales and Customer Success team members can provide pricing details upon request. All business will be conducted in English unless otherwise agreed to by Software AG Consultant and customer. Delivery will occur within the customer’s standard business days and standard business hours.