CentraSite for API Management & SOA
Manage your APIs and build repeatable solutions faster
- Ensure the right services and APIs are built the right way
- Capture all documentation details on REST APIs
- Eliminate rework—foster reuse via a catalog of reusable assets
- Save time and effort by using 50+ asset type definitions
- Use a single UI to publish to webMethods Developer Portal
- Audit and track all activities in CentraSite, for example, who logs in and out, who accessed CentraSite and when
- Make decisions faster—information on assets is just a click away
- Understand the impact of changes by viewing asset interdependencies graphically
- Manage the entire process of planning, designing and developing APIs
- Track SOA and API adoption and benefits
- Increase consistency and control
Unified asset catalog
CentraSite gives you a central, platform-independent application for defining, describing and storing assets. You can easily catalog all services, APIs, business processes and related assets, such as XML schemas and business rules. You can publish asset definitions and descriptions to CentraSite using numerous options—for example:
Add assets using CentraSite’s web-based interface
- Publish assets from Eclipse™-based IDEs and UDDI-compliant IDEs
- Bulk-load hundreds of assets using command line utilities and APIs
- Leverage the built-in asset publishing of other webMethods products
CentraSite’s flexible metadata store captures relevant asset information, such as asset capabilities, owner, location, version, classifications and configuration. Store associated artifacts, for example, requirements documents and usage guidelines, as part of the asset description. Customize all aspects of the store to suit your unique needs—for example, by defining custom asset types and adding custom attribute attachments and classifications.
Choose from more than 50 ready-to-use asset type definitions to get started quickly or as inspiration for defining your own asset types.
Developer Portal support
Group and publish APIs to webMethods Developer Portal. Import RAML and Swagger documents, and create REST documents. Documents automatically stay in sync.
Reports can be scheduled, with the report delivered to your email inbox. Developer Portal users can view reports at the portal.
Life cycle management and versioning
Track the evolution of every service and API asset, from conception through retirement. Ensure standards and accepted practices are followed. There is even a graphical lifecycle viewer and editor for visual representation. Use built-in versioning capabilities to define and track asset versions.
Active policy technology automates life cycle processes. An active policy defines a series of actions that you associate with an event, such as the addition, modification or life cycle status change of an asset. When the event occurs, CentraSite executes the actions prescribed in the policy.
- Smart policy provisioning: Once a policy is defined and approved, CentraSite automatically applies it to all assets that meet specifically defined criteria. Change the policy’s scope by changing these criteria.
- Development-time policies: CentraSite enforces policies along an asset’s life cycle at major governance checkpoints, such as funding approval, and architecture and design reviews.
- Custom policies: In addition to pre-built policy templates, you can write custom policies in Java®.
Automated enforcement provides timely and consistent guidance to interdependent but autonomous SOA and API management teams.
Search and browse asset notification
Finding and reusing service and API assets is easy by using CentraSite’s web-based interface. Find API, service and process assets by browsing using built-in or custom taxonomies. Use CentraSite’s powerful keyword search or advanced search capabilities for complex criteria. Subscribe to favorite assets and receive notification of any changes.
Structure your repository by organizations for delegated administration and separation of concerns. Leverage organization-specific policies and life cycle models to make asset management easier.
Access, consumer registration and onboarding
Anonymous access allows users to view assets available for reuse. Once project teams find services, APIs and process assets they’d like to use, they can request access to them. CentraSite administrators can set up and enforce policies before granting permission to use the assets. Built-in workflow capabilities quickly onboard consumers and track consumption of assets.
Business User Interface (BUI)
CentraSite’s BUI provides access to the catalog for internal asset consumers and providers. A configurable dashboard with graphical widgets and textual data feeds allows reporting on key information.
Make sense of the complex interdependencies among services, APIs and IT applications. CentraSite also captures the relationships of services and APIs with the people and organizations that build, operate and maintain them.
CentraSite identifies and tracks many relationships automatically as services and APIs are created, deployed and used. Easily add new relationship definitions.
Power to change
View the impact of proposed changes. With CentraSite, you can see a graphical and interactive view of assets and their relationships. Use power analysis to interactively explore your entire asset landscape. A real-time graphical map shows the “downstream” impact of any proposed change or disruption. Customize the view to restrict the set of assets and associations shown to zero in on the details that interest you the most.
CentraSite’s industry-leading federation engine is the most efficient solution for synchronizing metadata across multiple siloed repositories. It can synchronize metadata between CentraSite and any DDI Version 3 capable registry. Specify what is metadata exchanged and how often.
CentraSite’s support for open standards also allows it to work directly with third-party solutions for testing, management and security.
- OASIS registry/repository: JAXR—Level 1, UDDI V2, UDDI V3, WebDAV and WSDL 1.1
- WS-I policy management: WS-I Basic Profile 1.1, WS-Security Policy and WS-Policy 1.5
- XML standards: XML Schema 1.0, 1.1, XML Query, XSLT 1.0 and XPDL 2.2
- Enterprise infrastructure: LDAP, POP3/IMAP and SMTP and JAAS