Cumulocity IoT Streaming Analytics — Get Started
Develop analytics rules for Cumulocity IoT using Apama, with a hands-on introduction to streaming analytics rules development. Learn best practices for simple and complex streaming use cases, create analytics models using the self-service Analytics Builder, and learn how to extend reusable analytics blocks by using the Analytics Block SDK.
What do I get?
With this offer, you will:
- Benefit from best practices for Event Processing Language (EPL) development
- Identify possible streaming analytics use-cases
- Set up a first rule using EPL Apps
- Develop a first custom analytics block using Analytics Block SDK
- Enhance the streaming analytics project for one identified small use case
By the end of this engagement, you will have a better understanding of enhanced streaming analytics capabilities and be self-sufficient when applying best practices to future use cases.
What can I expect?
Who benefits from the Cumulocity IoT Streaming Analytics—Get Started Fast Track Service?
- Business domain experts quickly establish teams with hands-on experience using Cumulocity and Software AG best practices.
- Developers quickly create and test custom streaming analytics rules using Apama and apply domain knowledge into source code.
How it works
- A consultant facilitates a kick-off meeting to set expectations, define success criteria and agree on a structure for the engagement.
- As part of the kick-off, the consultant conducts an overview and enablement session on streaming analytics and how it is used in Cumulocity.
- The consultant supports connecting Cumulocity-supported devices to the platform. If no suitable devices are available to provide expected device behavior, a simulator is used.
- Next, support is provided to create a dashboard where the results of the streaming analytic device data can be viewed.
- Working with you, the consultant supports the setup of the Apama and the implementation of streaming analytic components.
- Finally, the consultant will explain advanced features and propose next steps.
By the end of the engagement, you will have received support to:
- Install an Apama development environment
- Use the Software AG Designer tool to develop analytics rules on their local machine
- Develop EPL rules in Cumulocity
- Use the Apama command line tool to monitor and manage correlators (Apama applications)
- Test analytics rules before putting them into production
- Create analytics models with Apama Analytics Builder
- Create a dashboard that displays streaming analytics results from device data
An end-of-engagement report is delivered to use as reference for in-house developers.
Additional Fast Track Service information
Software AG’s Sales and Customer Success team members can provide pricing details upon request. All business will be conducted in English unless otherwise agreed to by Software AG Consultant and customer. Delivery will occur within the customer’s standard business days and standard business hours.